Wednesday 30 September 2015

Plastic Wallet Organisation

I like being organised, I like lessons to run smoothly and that's just the way I am. I've always placed resources for the day in the middle of the table, so that when they're needed, the children can easily access them. However, I've often got frustrated when children make a mess (shocker) of these piles while looking for the sheet I want them to use. A solution came my way when I saw what was happening in another classroom (thank you Mrs. M.)...



1. A coloured plastic wallet per subject (for me; English, maths and other).

2. Enough plastic wallets for one per table.

3. At the start of the day, fill the relevant wallet with the relevant resources.

4. Place on the table.

5. At the appropriate time, ask the children to take the contents out of the relevant wallet.

6. They can even be used at the end of the lesson if anything needs collecting!

Simple, effective, tidy and efficient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment